My first post since long time hiatus from this blog. Pardon me. It’s winter in this part of the world so I thought it would be nice to have something sweet for dessert to warm the cold night. Black glutinous rice is Indonesian traditional dessert ( bubur ketan hitam ). I have never known how to make it before and thought it would be complicated enough to make. But I was wrong. It’s pretty easy and it’s good for your soul 🙂
- 250g black glutinous rice, wash and rinse. soak over night.
- 1 liter of water or a bit more.
- 2 pandan leaves, tight in a knot.
- a bit of salt
- 150 gr palm sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoon of raw sugar
For the coconut milk:
- 500gr of coconut milk ( I use Ayam Brand in a can )
- salt to taste
- 1 pandan leaves, tight in a knot
- Soak the glutinous rice over night. Then rinse.
- Boil water, add the glutinous rice and pandan leave.
- Cook the glutinous rice until it becomes soft and kind of like porridge. Stirring occasionally.
- Add water if it becomes too thick.
- Add palm sugar, salt, and sugar. Mix until the palm sugar dissolved.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut milk in a small pan with pandan leave until just boiling. Put aside.
- Serve the glutinous rice and pour a bit of coconut milk in every serve. It can be served warm or cold.