Kue Pukis is Indonesian traditional snack. When I was little I used to buy kue pukis from the cart in front of my school. The other day I suddenly wanted to eat kue pukis, it’s easy enough to make. The recipe I use here is from my friend Ira Lyne and Keluarga Nugraha.
200 grams flour
1 sachet instant yeast (8 gr)
60 ml warm water
150 gram sugar
180 ml coconut milk
Margarine for coating
- Mix the instant yeast with warm water, set aside. Beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
- Meanwhile blend together: instant yeast, salt and flour, mix them together.
- Make hole in the middle then pour over the eggs mixture, add coconut milk and stir them all.
- Leave for 1 hour.
- Then heat the mold, coat it with margarine. Pour mixture into the mold, not too full, about 3/4.
- Add cheese or chocolate sprinkles or whatever topping you like.
- Cook it with lid on til golden brown.